Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Save the Kiss

We're continuing south along the Embarcadero past the Cruise Ship port and ferry terminal and past the Midway. (We will come back to the Midway when we have a little more time).

Next, look to your right. The first time I saw the "Save the Kiss" statue I couldn't believe what I was seeing. This pic is one that I took several years ago and I would guess that you couldn't find this park so "people free" these days. "Save the Kiss" is a waterfront statue of the iconic photo taken of a sailor kissing a nurse in Times Square as they celebrated the end of World War II in 1945. I know that you are familiar with the pic. There's also a book titled "The Kissing Sailor" about the people in the pic.

Save the Kiss




























The statue stands 25 feet high and is visited by 10's of thousands of people each year from all over the world.  This is just one more place to put on your list of things to see when you RetireInSanDiego.


No comments:

Post a Comment