Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Groundhog Day

Happy Tuesday Retirees,

A comment came back to me regarding San Diego and the not-so great things about this place; which by the way are true.

#1. Yes, there is a garbage dump between the 805 and 15 just north of the 52 called the Miramar Landfill. If you are not familiar with San Diego, it's just north of Downtown. From time-to-time it smells; really bad. In my opinion it's a small price to pay, but it is there.

#2. People gravitate to this beautiful city and buildings are being built to house all those folks. As luck (or unluck) would have it, some of those buildings are proposed to be built where they will obstruct the view of more than a few long-time residence. I agree that this is not cool at all, but this type of progress is not confined to San Diego. It happens all over our country and I'm quite certain that it happens all over the world.

#3. It can be quite pricey living in San Diego. For example, according to a cost of living website I visited, if you are living in Anchorage, AK with an income of $50k/yr. you will need to add about $7,118 to your income to maintain the life style you enjoy now. You will need to add a whopping $11,500 if you're moving from Fairbanks. Hey, but let's look on the bright side. If you're moving from New York City you'll have an extra $1,300 bucks to spend at the Del Mar race track, if that's your thing. Is the mild weather worth it? Only you can answer that one.

Saturday is just around the corner and I need your help. What topic or place would you like to hear about? Cowles Mountain? The Embarcadero? The Pacific Beach Boardwalk? How about the suspension bridge on Bankers Hill? Or maybe you'd like to challenge me with something really unique. Send me an email or leave a comment. Your request is my command.

Until Saturday, live on and enjoy life,  Aaron

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world! I look forward to reading more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete